‘Maintenance & Safety’
The primary objective of the maintenance is to ensure the machine tools, instruments, tools and accessories in good working condition. It is also necessary to ensure safety to both the machine tools and the operator. The accuracy and efficiency of the lathe machine or any machine tools and the instruments are also to be maintained properly. By performing maintenance, we can avoid accidents inside the workshop and increase the production capacity.
Here are the few important and critical points to ensure General & Mechanical Safety:
1. Protect your eyes: wear safety glasses.
2. Make sure your work area is free from chips, coolant & air-hoses or anything that can get in your way and cause you slip or fall.
3. Make sure that cutting tools and work holding equipment are tight before running the spindle and slide.
4. All maintenance and repair work should be done with power-off.
5. Check grease under the bearing covers after every fortnight.
6. Fill the Oil Cups daily and at the mid of the shift.
7. It is critical that you make sure that there is oil in the Head Stock & Feed Box.
8. Always oil your machine before and after use. Do not leave metal chips and cutting fluid on the guide-ways.
9. Keep the machine clean and away the tools, gauges from getting damaged.
10. Save the slide ways and unpainted surfaces from rust.
Visit us for more details and pricing of lathe machine at: